Tuesday, February 12, 2008

for you...

sometimes
it's just the rain.

drizzle
makes my love sizzle.

melancholy
it's not.

but
i miss you more, when it rains.

maybe
it's just in my mind.

or maybe
it's just that I'm a romantic.

sigh.
the distance doesn't seem to evaporate.

and yet
how do i feel so close to you?

how
do i tell myself: wait!

how
do i say: just a little bit more...

give myself hope
when all i want to do is hold you.

deny the pleasure
of seeing your smile brighten the world.

but i go on
because you are always worth it.

always.

no two ways about that.
you make my world.

you make me want to be
the better person.

always.

pain
so exquisite.

held
so close.

because
its a gift.

and more importantly,
one that matters more than anything else does.

even the pain
of not being with you

is closer and more precious
than the pleasure that everything else can offer.

because
you are the better me.

always.

No comments: